Re: Debian Netscape Installer and glibc2 Communicator 4.06

Jianbo Zhang wrote:

> Hi Debians,
>
> When I run dpkg -i netscape4_4.0.12.deb, I got some error message: it
> says that some libc5 and motif  related files could not be found.  So I
> installed Communicator 4.06 in my fresh Debian (2.0) Linux box with
> nsinstall. So far I did not find any problem, but I still do not know
> why Debian netscape installer does not work for me. Help is highly
> appreciated.
>
> Jianbo

	The v4 installer assumes it is installing the libc5 version of NS, thus
it has dependancies on the libc5 package.  We now have libc6 versions of
NS, but there hasn't yet been an update to these Deb installers.  So you
did what you had to do (install NS without the Deb installer).  I did
the same thing.

--
Ed C.