Help - network config probs?

I have this linux box that was configured with Apache and is running on
our network using tcpip.

entering 169.163.64.117/~username

I get the message from my netscape browsers. "Netscape is unable to
locate the server: debian.citicorp.com. The server does not have a DNS
entry. Check the server name in the Location (URL) and try again. I can
tell you that we were able to get some of the users home pages
(/~username) to work so I dont think its and apache issue - I think its
a network configuration issue when I set the box up.

NOTE:  If I enter 169.163.64.117/ I get the master index.html file with
no problems.

NOTE: this node has its own unique IP address however I dont think that
I should have configured its network parameters as debian.citicorp.com,
as this is just a private node for our small group. We will not submit a
request to add debian to our DNS. I think that this is the root of my
problem. I would like to remove the citicorp.com from the config - can
this be done? How? Any other ideas on what this could be?

Please resond to david.oswald@citicorp.com as well as to the usergroup.

thanks in advance.