[Frankay666@aol.com: Debian Installation from hard disk as opposed to floppy disk]

----- Forwarded message from Frankay666@aol.com -----

MBOX-Line: From Frankay666@aol.com  Fri Sep  4 05:51:24 1998
From: Frankay666@aol.com
Date: Fri, 4 Sep 1998 06:50:23 EDT
To: debian-user@lists.debian.org
Subject: Debian Installation from hard disk as opposed to floppy disk

when I run the install.bat file off my hard disk, it starts to load linux, but
it gets just beyond initialising my hard disks, and then ends in this message,
scrolling through lots of increasing <sector number>s:

end_request: i/o error, dev 01:00, sector <sector number>

It does not stop even after several minutes.

Curiously, when I try to install debian off a floppy it seems absolutely fine.

Why is this?

Skunk Pussy
YRU@lookingforme.com

----- End forwarded message -----

--
Unable to locate coffee, operator halted.  -- Stefan Farsch