Date: Thu, 3 Sep 98 18:02:19 +0200
From: Mail Delivery System <postmaster@miregal.berlinet.de>
To: "M.C. Vernon" <mcv21@cus.cam.ac.uk>
Subject: Delivery failure notification

With reference to your message with the subject:
   "Re: fdisk"

The local mail transport system has reported the following problems
it encountered while trying to deliver your message:

--- t.crawford@miregal.berlinet.de
User t.crawford@miregal.berlinet.de not known at this site.

Your mail message is being returned to you in the next part of this
message.

Should you need assistance, please mail postmaster@miregal.berlinet.de.
--- Begin Message ---
On Thu, 3 Sep 1998, David Parmet wrote:

> On Thu, 3 Sep 1998, M.C. Vernon wrote:
>
> > You haven't put the free space into a partition.
>
> got that.. now do i just work from the hda partition in fdisk, destroy it
> and rebuild?
>
> fdisk is not the most obvious program!

uh-huh WARNING: back up everything first - doing this will wipe the
contents of the hda partion at least. I do not want to be held responsible
for the consequences of re-partitioning your disk (I avoid doing so
wherever possible).

Matthew

--
Elen sila lumenn' omentielvo