Re: bash shell prompt

[...]

> .bashrc only gets read for subshells.  .bash_profile always get read no
> matter what. You can also source .bashrc from  .bash_profile and you can
> forget about order.			-marlon

Not true.  The file ~/.bash_profile is sourced only in interactive _login_
shells.  If you really want to know the details of bash startup files
read the INVOCATION part of the bash manual page.  I counted eight
different invocation modes for which the different startup files are
specified :)

HTH,
Eric

--
 E.L. Meijer (tgakem@chem.tue.nl)          | tel. office +31 40 2472189
 Eindhoven Univ. of Technology             | tel. lab.   +31 40 2475032