Re: pcmcia driver problem

Hi All,

> I ran into the exact same problem. Here's the solution I found:
>
> 1. Make sure you install *both* the pcmcia-cs and the pcmcia-modules of the
> same version and of the same version as your kernel (Note if you are installing
> these via a pcmcia card connection, copy them locally to your harddrive first,
> as installation requires shutting down the pcmcia subsystem !).

I just solved the problem compiling the kernel, the modules, the pcmcia tools,
the pcmcia modules WITH version information AND SMP off.
At this moment I am now running the linux box with kernel 2.1.119 and
everything works. BUT I still get some weird errors from a shell process when
starting and stopping the pcmcia services. The errors are related to the
processor: i get the processor status and something more, but everything is
working correctly. I don't know why..

Thanks a lot,
Giuseppe