Re: IPmasquerading HELP for LINUX server EMERGENCY

>I am having a huge problem with ipmasquerading.  My network and ppp
>connection appears to works by themselves.  Once I try to use
>ipmasquerading I cannont do anything.  I cannot connect to anything
>(either LAN or Internet)  I use a modem to access the Internet.  When
>ipmasquerading is turned on I cannot ping, traceroute, or use DNS for
>LAN or Internet.  I am really starting to pull my hair out as this is
>absolutely necessary for using this Linux box to connect the LAN at work
>to the Internet.  If I cannot get this to work, it will be back to NT.
>WE DON`T WANT THAT.  Please if anyone can give step by step instructions
>for setting up ipmasquerading using PPP over a modem connection I would
>be very greatfull.  I have looked at the ipmasquerading HOW-TO and it is
>very poorly written and not very helpful.  I have looked in dejanews to
>no avail.  I have tried setting it up by hand and using the dotfile
>generator.  Nothing has worked so far.
I set it up successfully after reading the ipmasq HOW-TO. Please could you
be a little bit more specific what you did "by hand". My first guess (just
a shot in the dark) is, that you set up some firewall rules for input and
output (I think they're discussed in the HOW-TO) with wrong addresses. If
you can reproduce the problem, write what you did. Maybe I can see the
mistake.
Have you read the man-page for "ipfwadm" ?

>Linux:  because reboots are for hardware upgrades!
That's the reason why I use it too.

Rene