HELP!!! Compatibility Libraries

I have asked this question here a couple of times before, and not
recieved any response.

Is there anyone in Debian land who is conversant in ld.so
configurations?

I have been VERY pleased with the libc5 compatibility in Hamm!  This
is running on my main WS now, and I have had none of the headaches
associated with StarOffice installs, etc., as on RH5.x

Unfortunately, I have custody of two RedHat 5.x boxes, which cannot be
migrated in the forseable future.

In the interim, I want to introduce the lic5 compatibility setup on
the RedHat Machines, that Debian introduced with 2.0.

I would like to copy the directories

/lib/libc5-compat
/usr/lib/libc5-compat

To the RedHat boxes, add the appropriate entries to /etc/ld.so.conf,
and re-run ldconfig.

Will this work?

Is there something I am missing here, that has been "cooked-up" to
maintain parallel libc5/Glibc2 configurations and load-order?

Thanks!

==
Jeremiah Cornelius
"Been there, done that, and have the T-shirt."