Re: pcmcia driver problem

> > hsogso:/etc/init.d# ifconfig eth0 10.1.10.240 netmask 255.255.0.0 broadcast
> > 10.1.255.255
> > SIOCSIFADDR: Operation not supported by device
> > eth0: unknown interface.
> > SIOCSIFNETMASK: Operation not supported by device
> > SIOCSIFBRDADDR: Operation not supported by device
> > eth0: unknown interface.
> > hsogso:/etc/init.d#
>
> Sems to me that you didn't load the module/driver
>
> when after loading the module try
> lsmod
> dmesg

The modules should be correctly installed, the modules are loaded and when ifconfig
calls the module then it gets these errors. It is not a problema related to the
order the system calls /etc/init.d/* because I just provided you an example of
calling manually the ifconfig program *after* the system is booted and running.

Bye,
Giuseppe