Re: machine hangs at boot

On Wed, Sep 02, 1998 at 03:28:46PM -0500, Azog wrote:
> I can boot fine from a linux bootdisk, and from a dos bootdisk. Just when
> trying to boot from /dev/hda2 that it hangs. I've tried reinstalling lilo,
> uninstalling it all together, modifying lilo.conf, but nothing works. If its
> a hardware problem, why would my system work fine booting from a floppy and
> not from the harddrive?
Because the BIOS might not see the harddrive right?

Please post your lilo.conf and your partition table.

Nils

| Quotes from the net:  L> Linus Torvalds, W> Winfried Truemper               |
| L>this is the special easter release of linux, more mundanely called 1.3.84 |
| W>Umh, oh. What do you mean by "special easter release"?. Will it quit      |
* W>working today and rise on easter?                                         *