Re: Motherboard Quesiton

Note that many BIOSes (if not all? there must be some out there..) will not boot without
a display adapter. This doesn't mean you have to have a monitor. I built a 486 server at
home sans keyboard but I had to keep a display adapter in it. Fortunately I had a
salvaged 286 with a plain vanilla 16 color VGA adapter. Also, I found that in this
particular system I had to make a kernel modification to get the thing to boot. There
was some strange startup code which talked to the keyboard controller and which would
hang. I just commented it out and all was fine.