Re: INN, Cleanfeed and Debian Hamm

In article <[🔎] 85soib3g5q.fsf@titine.fr.eu.org>,
Eric Jacoboni <jaco@DIAL.OLEANE.COM> wrote:
>I've noticed that the inn server shiped does not contains perl filter
>capabilities and that there is no cleanfeed files. What can i do to
>have a Inn server with Perl filtering enable ? I'd like to have a pure
>deb system so i'd prefer use a deb package. Is there such a thing ?
>source or i386 binaries.

Well actually I am waiting with a new release for inn 2.2 or so ..

I don't want package 2.1 yet, because it still has bugs
and is not too fast (the overview implementation is a lot slower).
I've only tested the storage-enabled version sofar, I'm going to
run the normal version on one news server tomorrow. We'll see how that
goes.

Then I have to find out a migration path from 1.7.2 to 2.x, unfortunately
some configuration files have changed format and worse the history
file format is different too (dbz 6 instead of dbz 3). And the inn-dev
stuff (libs) have changed a lot too ..

Also I have to ask the perl maintainer to package the perl shared
library seperate, so that a perl upgrade won't hose your INN system
unexpectedly (and force me to release INN in sync with perl).

Mike.
--
  "Seed me, Seymour"
  -- a random number generator meets the big green mother from outer space