Modules

|Just installed Debian 2.0, and now I have a question |about modules.

|I have managed to get isapnp setup my network card |properly. When I
|manually
|give:
|   insmod /lib/modules/2.0.34/net/ 8390.0
|   insmod /lib/modules/2.0.34/net/ne io=0x220 irq=11
|I get the message that the ne modules has been |successfully loaded.

|Now I want to ne.o module to be loaded at boot. |How/what/where?
I know that if you list the modules to be loaded in the file
/etc/modules (with arguments) they will be loaded at boot time.  (You
dont have to list 8290.o, loading the ne.o module will load the
8290.o because it depends on the former, assuming you run depmod -a
first, which the kernel init scripts do).  What I would like to know,
is how to create the /etc/module file after building a new kernel, I
think it has to be done by hand (yuck!).