Re: Fetchmail don't work for me !

*- Tony Schonfeld wrote about "Fetchmail don't work for me !"
| i need to keep a messages from a pop3 account and send it to my
| machine via smtp in multi-drop mode.
|
| well i use this form :
|
| poll <hostname> protocol pop3
| user <username> password <password> smtp <my_smtp_server>
|
| all messages are stored in the root account  not each recipients.
| i can't found the problem , my local DNS is ok and exim work very
| well for me but not fetchmail.
| i've read the FAQ but i haven't any ideas, please can you help me ?
|
| Many thanks per advance , Tony

Just a guess but it doesn't look like you are telling fetchmail who to
send the remote mail to on the local machine.

>From the fetchmail man page.

       Here's  what a simple retrieval configuration for a multi-
       drop mailbox looks like:

         poll pop.provider.net:
               user maildrop with pass secret1 to golux hurkle=happy snark here

       This says that the mailbox of account  `maildrop'  on  the
       server is a multi-drop box, and that messages in it should
       be parsed for the server user names `golux', `hurkle', and
       `snark'.   It  further  specifies that `golux' and `snark'
       have the same name on the client as  on  the  server,  but
       mail  for  server  user  `hurkle'  should  be delivered to
       client user `happy'.

You might also want to check out the fetchmailconfig setup program.

--
Brian
							   - unknown