Re: *H*E*L*P* (fwd)

Rider

I congratulate you on having successfully installed the Debian GNU/Linux
system.

You need to read an introductory Unix book, such as O'reilly's "Learning
the UNIX Operating System" or one of Sobel's books such as Hands On
Linux series books from AWL. YOu need to learn a basic text command line
set for getting around UNIX or Linux.

Write me directly, not on the list, and I will send you some of the
material I give my students.

There are Linux web pages that are tutorial in nature, I'm sure that
someone on this list will mention the URLs.

A remark or two: Linux is just a free re implementation of the ideas and
ideals of the Unix(tm) operating system by a bunch of wonderful people.

It is better than Lose 95 or Lose NT in part because it is free, in part
because it is very much more robust than M$ operating systems.

It is not nearly as satisfactory from the point of view of Ms Average
user because it requires some technical knowledge to use, and there
really are no "killer (desktop) applications" yet. But for software
development, web hosting, or teaching computer science, there is no
better enviroment.

--David Teague
teague@wcu.edu
       LINUX: the FREE 32 bit OS for [3456]86 PC's available NOW!
David B Teague | Ask me how user interface copyrights & software
teague@wcu.edu | patents make programing a dangerous business.