Re: Xlib: Invalid MIT-MAGIC-COOKIE-1 key

* Eric Jacoboni <jaco@DIAL.OLEANE.COM>

| I've some problems with some programs under X : when i try to run
| xosview, for exemple, i get the following message :
|
| =-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=
| titine:~# Xlib: connection to ":0.0" refused by server
| Xlib: Invalid MIT-MAGIC-COOKIE-1 key
| Can't open display named
| =-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=
|
| Since i'm new to the Debian system, i'd like to know where to
| configure such an information.

Since your prompt shows a "#" I assume you try this as root. From the
error I also assume that you have logged in as another user.

The reason you get this error is because user B is not allowed to
open windows on a display controlled by user A. If user A wants to
allow this, he can type 'xhost +localhost' to allow everyone on
localhost to open windows.

'man xhost'

--
.elOle.