Re: Intel EtherExpress Pro problems

>You may want to try turning off the PNP bios setting for that PCI slot.  I
did that
>with the the Intel PR440FX and was able to load the module.
>
>Also look at http://cesdis.gsfc.nasa.gov/linux/drivers/eepro100.html
>
>Gary

  Thanks for that, Gary.  The above link eventually led me to the right
solution.  Basically, the BIOS had assigned the same interrupt to the SCSI
and Ethernet PCI controllers. (bah, stupid BIOSes :).

  Anyway, just going into the BIOS config, clearing out all resource
configuration data, and rebooting did the trick.  IRQs were re-assigned at
bootup, this time correctly :).

  David Khoury          | Quidquid latine dictum sit, altum viditur.
  dave@flex.com.au      | (Whatever is said in Latin sounds profound.)