PCMCIA-CS: configure?

Dear Debian users,

I have installed Debian 2.0 successfully, including X.
I'd like to install pgplot, tgif, Netscape 4, for which I need an
ethernet connection: the former 2 packages are not on the CDs, and the
latter requres some archive files to be put on /tmp to work.
I have an IBM THinkpad 760CD on which I have been using an Accton
Ethernet Card with success in a previous Linux installation (SuSE 4.2,
made for me by a person who has left in the meantime).
I have installed the pcmcia-cs package: what should be done next?
Just edit the pcmcia.connf file?
Examples?
Thank you.
Remo
| Dr. Remo Badii             | Paul Scherrer Institute   |
| Nonlinear Dynamics and     | 5232 Villigen PSI         |
| Stochastic Processes Group | Switzerland               |
| badii "at" psi.ch          | http://www1.psi.ch/~badii |