Re: Installing and configuring Emacs20

Ruud de Bruin wrote:

> I've installed the initial six diskettes from Debian 2.0 on my PC. After
> reboot I choose for a "home user" setup and via dselect I picked up all
> the files from ftp.cistron.nl, a Debian mirror site.
>
> I am having problems with the emacs20 package. During configuration, I
> receive an error message in some kind of installation script in emacs20.
> Is this a known problem? I tried again after all packages were installed
> and configured, but the problem remains in emacs20.

What error message had you got?

I had similar problem when installing Xemacs20 - installation
crashed with error about some 'undefined symbol in libXpng.so.2',
after some digging it appeared that I had version of this shared
library from unstable distribution, and after I removed it and
installed the one from stable distribution, Xemacs installed
without complains.