FTP install problem

I've got the initial part of the installation done.  The system boots
just fine.  When I run dselect, choose access, then ftp, the following
error is returned:

        Query/setup script was terminated by a signal:segmentation
fault.

I've also chosen a mounted filesystem and received the same error.

Reinstalled three or four times to make sure I didn't miss something.
Actually I didn't get the error the first time, but I had not configured
the network properly(wrong IP address info).

Any suggestions?
--
Regards,
Michael