mail fetching/delivering on a workstation connected with dialup

I am trying to set up mail delivering/fetching on a (sporadicly) dial-up
connected computer. I have figured out that I need fetchmail to send get
mail from my email accounts. But how should I set up email delivering?

I run a single-user debian workstation, but it is possible multiple users
will use it in the future. Do I use fetchmail or the machine's smail to
deliver mail? Should I need to change anything in the email reader (I'm
using mutt right now)?

It is all very confusing at first, and I haven't found any documentation
about this on the net. Please tell me where to look for this info.

Oskar Liljeblad (osk@hem.passagen.se)