Debian 2.0 and KDE

Hi,
First, having received the cdroms from LSL, the installation of Debian 2.0
on a notebook (HP Omnibook) was straightforward - congratulations to the
developers.

Having got X to work, using the Redhat XBF server, I thought I would try
KDE. This is where I seem to miss something.

KDEbase depends on qt1g and the debian readme says to look on www.troll.
The pre-compiled version there appears to be only the rpm version of qt. I
downloaded this anyway and converted it with alien but of course this only
supplied qt. I then fooled dpkg that this was the required package and
KDEbase configured.

On running KDE though the kdelib complained about several undefined
symbols in the library kdecore. These symbols look as if they are qt
widgets.

Roland
--
Roland Hinkley                                  A Debian Linux Site
Gloucestershire