Re: Making proxy mandatory.

On Fri, 28 Aug 1998, Sergey Imennov wrote:

 : 	I have Junkbuster and Squid installed on Debian 2.0 box.  All of the
 : 	outbound traffic goes through this machine.
 :
 : 	Since I'd like to have some idea of web usage, and total bytes
 : 	transferred, etc., I'd like to make it mandatory for users to use
 : 	proxy.
 :
 : 	As of now, it is possible to access the web without proxy involved.
 : 	That's not right.  What ports should I block ( ipfwadm ? ) on the
 : 	Linux machine?

You could use the 'transparant proxy' option that is in the Linux kernel, to
be configured using ipfwadm. This option will redirect any traffic to
an.outside.host.com:80 (so WWW) to your proxy if you want to.

 -Remco