Re: MTA config (exim preferred?)

On Fri, 28 Aug 1998, Nathan E Norman wrote:

> To cut to the chase, here's what I need:
>
> Mail arriving at the Linux box destined for "ourdomain.net" should be
> forwarded to a specific host (IP address or nameserved, doesn't matter
> to me).  Exim is currently installed on this box.

Piece of cake:

You need a custome router that must come first in the router configuration
section of the exim.conf file.

ourdomain:
	domains=ourdomain.com,
	transport=smtp,
	driver=domainlist;
	route_list="ourdomain.com host.ourdomain.com bydns_a",
	modemask=002

What this does is takes all mail destined for ourdomain.com and sends it
via SMTP to the host that resolves as the A record for host.domain.com

That is all there is to it.