Re: Help with Smartlist + Sender: root

On Wed, 26 Aug 1998, Marcelo E. Magallon wrote:

> 	I'm having a problem setting up a mailing list with Smartlist. One
> of the subscribers is being held hostage to an NT system ;-) and for some
> reason it says "Sender: root@blah". Smartlist doesn't like it and rejects
> mails. The point is he can't change the Sender line, so I have to change
> Smartlist. The point... how?!?!?

Hi. I this this should work:

In rc.init uncomment the line saying #RC_LOCAL_SUBMIT_00    = rc.local.s00
and then write a rc.local.s00 file saying something like:

:0 fhw
* ^Sender:.*root@
| formail -I Sender:

(warning: I have not tested this).

However, this would perhaps encourage the bad habit of using the root
account for sending mail. Another thing you could do would be to tell the
NT user not to use the root account for sending mail ;-)