Re: Non us-ascii characters in ls

>>>>> "d1temp" == d1temp  <d1temp@lerum.mail.telia.com> writes:

    d1temp> am currently helping a friend install 2.0 and we came
    d1temp> across something I've noted before but bypassed (mainly
    d1temp> work in english anyway), ls will list non-us-ascii
    d1temp> characters as '?' instead of the proper character like å,
    d1temp> ä, or ö (the characters specific to swedish).

You can use the -N (or --literal) option to 'ls', but in that case it
also prints out control characters uncooked if they appear in a
filename.

One example for your .cshrc:

    alias ls '/bin/ls --color --classify --format=vertical --literal'

-tor