Re: HELP: Problems with G++

On Thu, 27 Aug 1998, DMDP wrote:

> I am having difficulties getting g++ to compile properly.
>
> I am just testing it with a simple "hello" program.
>
> When I type ...
>
> g++ -g -Wall -ohello hello.cc
>
> The file - hello - is created.  When I type, hello to execute the program.  The bash shell tells me there is no such command.
>
> What am I doing wrong?  I need to get this working for my class on Monday.
>
> Thanks,
> Denis

try `./hello` - If you are working as root (everyone says that is a Bad
Thing (tm)), the current directory is not in the path. If you are working
as your normal user (Good Thing (tm)), then I would suggest you bash (no
pun intended) me in the head and say "Get outta the way! I'll ask a real
guru."
Another thing to check, make sure it has executable permissions.
(r-xr-xr-x) or the like.

Good Luck,
                       Michael Beattie (mickyb@es.co.nz)

    "If you don't know where you want to go, we'll make sure you get taken."
              -Japanese Microsoft ad slogan translated back into English