Re: IPX not compiled in Hamm distribution?

Firstly, try the command "cat /proc/modules"... this will show you if
the ipx module is currently loaded (one of the lines should begin with
"ipx" if so).  If not, try these (as root): "modprobe ipx" followed by
"/etc/init.d/ipx start".  If this works, then edit /etc/modules and add
a line for ipx (this will ensure that the module's automatically loaded
whenever the system boots).

An alternate approach (assuming that the above commands work, of
course), is to add "alias net-pf-4 ipx" to /etc/conf.modules (if there
is an existing entry "alias net-pf-4 off", it should be replaced).  This
will allow kerneld to load/unload the module on demand, rather than
always having it loaded.  If you use this approach, /etc/modules should
have the entry "auto" uncommented, and should not contain an entry for
ipx.