Second drive for DOSEmu?

After reading through all the DOSEmu info, I'm sorta-kinda-nearly
grasping this issue, but I still want to ask:

I'll be converting a utility PC from MS-DOS over to Hamm soon,
and will be running at least one DOS program under DOSEmu.
I've already tested it and it's happy, if slow.

I thought a handy way and safe way to migrate would be to
take my existing DOS IDE drive (80 Mb), and make it the second
drive in the system.  Another 80 Mb drive would become the main
drive with Debian Linux installed.  (Yes, it'll fit.)

I hope to be able to have two options:
1) have LILO give an option to boot either disk at startup, so
we can have "real" pure MS-DOS if things go awry; and/or
2) use LREDIR or some other mechanism to have the whole second
drive accessible as the DOSEMu drive.

Now, am I right . . . is that second drive simply called "/dev/hda2"
in things like the fstab?  I mean, when installing Debian, I've
seen it make the main partition hda1 and the swap hda2 or hda6 . . .
will that second drive appear in the Linux partitioning program?

Am i on the right track here?  I suspect this is an obvious
application that's been done often.

--
 `` ` `  ` ` ` university of nebraska - lincoln `  ` ` `` ` `  `` ` `  ` ` ` `