Re: ZIP Disk mounting: still no answer...so reposting

"Michael Rudmin" <engineer@series2000.com> writes:
> Can anyone tell me more about how to mount it?  Also, are there specific drivers that I should
> install, or should have intalled when I initialized my debian Linux
>
>    Thanks.

You probably need to load the aha152x module into your kernel - with
something like:
"modprobe aha152x"

In addition, my driver needed some parameters passed to it.  I made this a
braindead activity by putting the following lines in conf.modules:

# -DSETUP0="{ IOPORT, IRQ, SCSI_ID, RECONNECT, PARITY, SYNCHRONOUS, DELAY, EXT_TRANS }"
options aha152x "aha152x=0x140,11,7"

(Obviously, you need to know what IRQ and base address _your_ card is on)

Once the module is loaded, the Zip drive on my system is the only SCSI
device, so it shows up as /dev/sda.  So, I can "fdisk /dev/sda" and make
new partitions on a disk, "mke2fs /dev/sda1" once I have specified an ext2
parition for the first partition on the disk, etc.

Once a filesystem is on the disk, you can mount it just like any other
partition:
mount /dev/sda1 /mnt

Good luck!

Later,
	Dale
--
| Dale E. Martin |  Clifton Labs, Inc.  |  Senior Computer Engineer    |