Re: gtk themes + pon

> Well i have a tipical problem that coulnot find the answer. In my
> system, im able to conect to internet via root, but the users cannot.
> (currently to enable the conection to a user root must ejecute pon, but
> thats not the idea...)I explain:
>
> As a user, linux said (when i ejecute `pon') nothing, but when ejecuting
> plog, linux say:
>

>         Aug 26 19:55:17 computron pppd[218]: Terminating on signal 15.
>         Aug 26 19:55:17 computron pppd[218]: Connection terminated.
>         Aug 26 19:55:17 computron pppd[218]: Exit.
>         Aug 26 19:55:39 computron pppd[740]: pppd 2.3.5 started by
> filsin, uid 1000
>         Aug 26 19:55:41 computron chat[742]: /etc/chatscripts/provider
> -- open failed:         Permission denied
>         Aug 26 19:55:41 computron pppd[740]: Connect script failed
>

> So i guess this is a permition problem, i have try to change the
> permitions to the folowing files:

You're probably on the right track here. I had the same problem, and it
was a permission problem. I don't remember the exact directory name, but
it's in /etc/, and I think it's /etc/peers. I can't check, cos I don't
have a debian system around here (and if I had it wouldn't have ppp,
direct connection here).

Maarten

| TU Delft, The Netherlands, Faculty of Information Technology and Systems  |
|                   Department of Electrical Engineering                    |
|           Computer Architecture and Digital Technique section             |
|                          M.Boekhold@et.tudelft.nl                         |