time

Since installing hamm, I've been unable to get my time to work
properly.  I want my cmos clock to keep GMT or Zulu or UTC or
whatever and have the date command show EDT.  The attached shows
the output of the date command set to EDT which as I understand
it should be GMT + 4 at this time of year, and the hwclock --show
output with only a two hour difference.  I'm puzzeled and
chagrined.  /etc/init.d/boot contains GMT="-u" BTW.
Ralph Winslow		      rjw@nac.net
<Insert sardonic phrase here>
Script started on Wed Aug 26 23:49:30 1998
# date;hwclock --show

Wed Aug 26 23:49:52 EDT 1998
Wed Aug 26 21:49:53 1998  -0.800995 seconds
# ^D

Script done on Wed Aug 26 23:50:00 1998