Re: proper permissions & group for /dev/audio

On: Tue, 25 Aug 1998 12:45:36 -0500 Richard E Hawkins Esq writes:

> I noticed exmh stopped beeping over new messages.  I've found the reason:
>  0 crw-rw----   1 root     29        14,   4 Jun 23 17:57 /dev/audio
>
> It's lost whatever group it was attached to.  Could someone who
> still has this tell me what the correct group & permissions are?

The group 29 is correct, unfortunatly, the according entry in
/etc/group is gone or corrupted.  Here is my line for reference (quite
simple):

audio:x:29:

BTW: I do have defined in /etc/login.defs to be a console group, so I
have no member in this file.

	Torsten