Re: Can Linux Box act as gateway for IPX/Novell traffic ?

On Tue, 25 Aug 1998, Cormac McGuinness wrote:

> Hi,
>

> However, the PCs in question need to acess Novell servers on the
> campus network.
> My question, then, is whether IPX or Novell network traffic will be
> able to flow through the internal firewall ?

yes! take a look at ipxripd package.
I have this working here.

This is from dpkg -s ipxripd:

Package: ipxripd
 ipxripd is a RIP/SAP daemon program for Linux.
 It makes your Linux computer act as an IPX router.

May you'll need to enable some features in the kernel. Don't remember :-(

[]s,
Mario O.de Menezes | "Many are the plans in a man's heart, but
IPEN-CNEN/SP       | is the Lord's purpose that prevails" Prov. 19.21
"Then you'll know the truth, and the truth will set you free" John 8.32
'Then you'll know the code, and the code will set you free' Linux