Re: How to set the LAN up automatically

On Wed, 26 Aug 1998, Alex Kwan wrote:

> Hi! Joost,
>
> My LAN card is 3com 3C-574 TX, PCMCIA type.
> I can see the message "loading device 'eth0'...done"
> at the boot time

Ah!

You have PCMCIA (IIRC it means "PC Manufacturers Create Irksome Acronyms")

That's an entirely different ballgame.  It should be easy to get that
right though, Debian includes support for it, but I know nothing about it.

Did you install pcmcia-modules?  Maybe /usr/doc/pcmcia-modules has more
information for you.  I'm sorry, I know nothing about it really.

Cheers,

Joost