Re: Help with Windowmaker

On Sun, Aug 23, 1998 at 02:12:31PM +1000, BG Lim wrote:

> 1. Its using my 'Windows Start' key as the 'Meta' key. Seems to be only a
> problem with WindowMaker, not the other window managers like icewm or kde.
> I'm using the deb packages found at the windowmaker ftp site.

WindowMaker is kind of picky about modifier keys (0.18.1b is *lots* pickier,
that's one of the reasons why I haven't released it yet). You may want to
use xkeycaps to find out wich key is Mod1 and Meta. I have the right control
key set to Mod3 and Meta_R, and I tell WindowMaker to use mod3 for the
modifier key in ~/GNUstep/Defaults/WindowMaker

	ModifierKey = mod3;

(easier than using xkeycaps, type xmodmap at the prompt)

> 2. I can't compile wmmount and wmcdplay. Both packages are by Sam Hawker.

I ran into this... for some reason the patch doesn't have this... hmmfff...
try adding "CC=g++" to the Imakefile. Run xmkmf -a, then make. Or install
the packages (they are in slink, in the utils and sound section)

> I've emailed him two at GeoCities, but both mails have been sent back.

Yes, I haven't heard from Sam in a long time...

						Marcelo