Re: X11TransSocketINETConnect: Can't connect

According to Noel Yap:

> schulte@Uni-Wuppertal.DE wrote:
> >
> > Hi,
> >
> > I had a perfectly working X environment. After a routinely e2fsck
> > (done by the boot scripts) with a few error reports for my root partition
> > (/usr, /var/ home are separate), I get the following messages and X
> > then dies:
> >
> > _X11TransSocketINETConnect: Can't connect: errno = 111
> > _X11TransSocketINETConnect: Can't connect: errno = 111
> > _X11TransSocketINETConnect: Can't connect: errno = 111
> > (... a very lot of them)
> >
> > I re-installed xbase and the xserver - no success.
> > Anybody has a clue? Where to find the error message?
> > What to do?
>
> This means that the Xserver didn't start up and some program (xterm?)
> couldn't connect to it.  Have a look at $HOME/.xsession-errors.  Also,

The only errors in $HOME/.xsession-errors are from April when I used a
wrong version of qt libs while testing KDE.

> are you using xdm or startx?  If the former, look at
> /var/log/xdm-errors.

startx. So no luck.

In the meantime I tried to re-install xbase, xlib6g, xpm4g, and my
xserver (s3v) - again no luck. I have the uncertain feeling, the error
is just one heart beat away...

Do you know where to find the _real_ error message (errno = 111)?

Bye
kws

--
Dr. Karl-Wilhelm Schulte
Bergische Universitaet-GH/HRZ (Computing Center)