Debian 2.0 Installation halts (fwd)

---------- Forwarded message ----------
Date: Mon, 24 Aug 1998 11:40:59 +0200
From: Remo Badii <Remo.Badii@psi.ch>
To: BORIK@debian.org
Subject: Debian 2.0 Installation halts

Dear Debian user,

I have been using S.u.S.E. Linux 4.2 for 2 years and today I tried to
install Debian 2.0 from CDs (CS-Software, Christian Schwarz) on my
Thinkpad 760 CD, with 40 MB RAM and a new 2.1 GB hard disk on which I
just created a 102 MB partition with DOS on it. DOS works, as well as CD
support, Modem, etc.
When I start boot.bat from D:, however, Loadlin works but soon says
Uncompressing Linux...
ran out of input data
System halted

and I can only switch off the machine.

I noticed that the file ltecra must be passed to loadlin.exe instead of
linux for Tecra notebooks and, as mentioned in readme-t, for "other
notebooks" (because of a patch to 2.0.33).
Hence, I copied boot.bat to my hard disk, inserted the line
D:
before
CD BOOT
and changed the last line to
LOADLIN.EXE LTECRA ...

Now I got the message
A20 gating failed

and everything blocked.

Any clue?

Thank you.

Yours sincerely,

Remo Badii

| Dr. Remo Badii             | Paul Scherrer Institute   |
| Nonlinear Dynamics and     | 5232 Villigen PSI         |
| Stochastic Processes Group | Switzerland               |
| badii "at" psi.ch          | http://www1.psi.ch/~badii |