Re: diskless systems

I do not think you can boot from a serial port, the BIOS does not support
it. Used ISA ethernet cards are about $10 each and if you get the coax
type (10Base2) your total wiring cost is probably another $10 for a piece
of coax, two T-connectors and two terminators. Besides, You do NOT want to
do NFS and X over a serial port ... it will be DOG slow. A good compromise
might be booting from floppy, then mount the remote root filesystem and
chroot to it.

I have never done this, mind you, but wouldn't it be possible to:

mount master-host:/ /mnt
chroot /mnt

?????