Re: Exim Not delivering to Local users from aliases

On Sun, 23 Aug 1998, Asher Haig wrote:

> lordwurm:      ahaig
>
> or
>
> lordwurm@warped-reality.com:  ahaig
>
> Neither work (each in its own place -- either the aliases.global file or
> the aliases.virtual which are set up to handle global or virtual aliases
> respsectively).
> The error that it gives in /var/log/exim/mainlog is that the domain is
> not included.
>
> If it wants me to include a domain for an alias, how do I have mail
> delivered to a POP account on the same machine?

ARRRGH. The aliases.virtual and .global DO NOT replace the /etc/aliases
file. use /etc/aliases for local aliases.

And ALWAYS include a complete mail address, including domain when using
the aliases.virtual and aliases.global files.

George Bonser

The Linux "We're never going out of business" sale at an FTP site near you!