Re:[fixed]New installation problem

Hello everyone,

Good news and questions:

I have connected the cdrom to the secondary channel as a slave drive and
everything works. I have hard disk on primary ( master) and no other
devices are connected to the controller.

Probably bad news (or question). I have noticed that during boot, it never
probes hdc device. Instead, hdb is probed twice!

The messages, that I see are the following

ide: i82371 PIIX(Triton) onPCI bus 0 function 57
      ide0: BM-DMA at 0x3000-0x3007
      ide1: BM-DMA at 0x3008-0x300f
hda: Maxtor 82559A4,2441MB w/256kB Cache, CHS=628/128/63, DMA
hdb: probing STATUS instead of ALLSTATUS
hdb: probing STATUS instead of ALLSTATUS
hdd: DF7910C(-D0161 ), ATAPI CDROM drive

I do not feel qualified to judge whether it is right or wrong, but it
looks strange.....

With best wishes,

Lazar