Re: Need some software advice.

Damon Muller wrote:

> Wordprocessor should be no problem, either KLyx or StarOffice should be
> more than up to the task (I'll put on KDE, which should make Linux a
> little easier to use for a first-timer).

	There's also Maxwell, XEmacs and one new one from ABIsource or
something like that; and Papyrus (docs in French).

> Does anyone know of a good IDE, something that will have a shallow
> learning curve from M$ Visual C++, Preferably X based (please don't say
> 'emacs', I don't want to scare her off too soon!)?

	XEmacs, Altrasoft, CodeCrusader, gIDE.

> Also a spreadsheet-type thing would also be handy. Ability to export to
> Excel would be a plus, but I guess comma- or tab-delimited would do.

	Oleo and its new, renamed version; the very same StarOffice; Applix;
SIAG; Andrew User Interface; Abacus.

	You can find all of these at http://freshmeat.net./

--
Leandro Guimaraens Faria Corcete Dutra