Re: OFF-TOPIC (How do you guys sort your mail?)

On Thu, Aug 20, 1998 at 09:22:52PM +0800, Richard L. Alhama wrote:
> On 19 Aug 1998, Manoj Srivastava wrote:
>
> Hi,
> >
> > 	Yes, no, and not unless you want to. Even without enabling the
> >  generic command server and the @SH processing, the rules file for
> >  mailagent is a full fledged state machines, and one can apply the
> >  rules recursively, and the actio is idfferent depending on what state
> >  on is in.
>
> I wish to obtain the example setup =8).  Is the sample setup on the deb
> file sufficient for my needs?  Or is it sufficient for yours or us all
> subscribed to debian-user?  This is the only thing I need, separate
> debian-user from my $INBOX.

I missed most of this discussion but...
whats wrong with the old standby procmail?
Here is the procmail filter I use here at work (not as complex as the
one at home but...I don't care as much since here I fetchmail -k)

anyway...procmail is easy and great...and I am yet to see a unix-like
system without it...
and...here is my filter:

:0

:0

:0

:0

:0

:0
* ^Sender: Bugtraq List <BUGTRAQ@NETSPACE.ORG>
/home/sjc/mail/bugtraq
--end---
-Steve
E-mail "Bumper Stickers":
"A FREE America or a Drug-Free America: You can't have both!"
"honk if you Love Linux"