fixing my host name!

Several of my emails are getting returned by the intended receiever's
ISP.  The emails are returned with "invalid hostname" -- *my*
hostname.  Since I am currently only using PPP to connect to the 'net,
I have a bogus hostname.

I believe, though, that some mailers reject my name because of spam
filters or whatever.  At any rate, what should I change my hostname to
(and how) so that it appears okay for strict mail systems?  My ISP IP
is dynamic, so I can't use that (those?).

Help!
Thanks.