Re: modprobe

Jens Ritter wrote:

> count zero <tonon@www.nau.it> writes:
>

> >  hi to all,
> >  when i boot up my linux debian 2.0 i find this message
> >
> >  modprobe: can't locate module char-major-10
> >
> >  does anyone know what to do to eliminate this annoying message ?
> >  i don't know what is this module for .
>
> edit /etc/conf.modules
>
> Jens

	Hmm, I've been allowing dselect/apt keep me updated against slink, and
recently had similar error messages show up that were never there
before.  Some package when installing said that conf.modules is
deprecated.  The new config files are in the /etc/modutils/ dir.
Unfortunately, modprobe isn't aware of the change!  I had to reconstruct
a conf.modules to get rid of this problem.  Does someone know the
package that tells users about the switch to /etc/modutils?  Is this a
bug against modprobe, or the other package?

--
Ed C.