Re: Problem with KDE

According to Stefan Stefan:

> I have a problem with KDE an I try to describe it so exactly as
> possible.
>
> I have installed on my Debian Linux 1.3.1 the .deb packets from
> ftp.kde.org.  These  packets were:
> kdesupport0g_980710-1_0-1_i386.deb
> kdelibs0g_980710-1_0-1_i386.deb
> kdebase_980710-1_0-1_i386.deb
>
> I could install this packets without any error.
> To do this I used the following packets.

  [ some lines omitted ]

> If I enter startx starts the Kpanal and the blue Desktop Background
> appears.
> But on the Desktop were no icons (f. g. trash, autostart, ...,)
                          ^^^^^^^^
> I can click around in the KPanal Menu, but I can not start a program
> with it.
>
> If I tipp kfm into a xtreme window, appears the kfm and the symbols on
> the desktop for some seconds.

According to my memory: You have to install the *-dev version for one
of the above KDE libraries (kdesupport0g, kdelibs0g, don't remeber
exactly which). If not, you are missing some important icons. This is
a packaging bug, of course.

> Please help.
>
> Stehpan

Hope it helps.

Mfg  K.-W. Schulte

--
Dr. Karl-Wilhelm Schulte
Bergische Universitaet-GH/HRZ (Computing Center)