Re: Almost there. . .HELP

John_Gay@3com.com wrote:

> I was able to ping 130.207.7.21 as ftp.debian.org but when I run dselect,
> choose ftp access enter 130.207.7.21 as address, select anonymous login,
> the default directories and no proxies, I get the following:
>
> Using FTP to check directories. . .(stop with <cntrl>C)
>
> Connecting to 130.207.7.21. . .
> Login as anonymous. . .
> Setting transfer mode to binary. . .
> Cd to '/debian'. . .
> Checking dists/stable/main/binary-i386. . .FTP ERROR - Can't call method
> "_close" without a package or object reference at /usr/lib/perl5/Net/FTP.pm
> line 689, <STDIN> chunk 8.
>
> query/setup script returned error exit status 1.
> Press RETURN to continue.
>
> It seems I am connecting O.K. but something seems to fail part way. I've
> tried this several times tonight and I keep getting the same fail in the
> same spot.
> I'm clueless,. . . how about you?
> I'm probably doing something really stupid, but, I know nothing about this
> network stuff, I only need the connection long enough to finish installing
> Debian!!!
> Then I'll be happy : >
>
> Cheers,
>
>      John Gay

01:46am ~$ dpkg -S /usr/lib/perl5/Net/FTP.pm
libnet-perl: /usr/lib/perl5/Net/FTP.pm

	Do you have the libnet-perl package installed?

	You really would be better off with apt.  Get apt from slink, and
install it.  Then you can use it by the command line, or from within
dselect as a special 'access' method (right after ftp in the list).

--
Ed C.