Re: qmail package for debian?

On Sun, 16 Aug 1998 19:02:23 -0500
the lone gunman <lgunman@sewage.debian.org> wrote:

> Is there a qmail package for debian?  I've installed it on my
> slackware system in the past, and would like to install it on
> debian.

There are some source debs either in contrib or non-free (can't remember
which off the top of my head). The program's author has various
restrictions on distribution of binary packages, mainly because he can't
guareentee that the code is pure and still secure.

I wouldn't let the fact that it's source put you off. It's very easy to
compile and install. The instructions are pretty detailed, and have lots
of tests to ensure it's all working. I haven't had any trouble getting
it working on my debian (Hamm) system (actually, my qmail predates Hamm,
but upgrading to hamm didn't seem to break anything...)

HTH,

damon

--
Damon Muller              | Did a large procession wave their torches
(damon@empire.net.au)     | As my head fell in the basket,