Re: To Upgrade or Reinstall completely?

On Tue, Aug 18, 1998 at 03:31:12PM -0400, Chris Fury wrote:
> What do you think?  Is the upgrade process to 2.0 solid?  Or should I
> start with a fresh disk?

I dunno about hamm stable but...before stable I had to do the upgrade
a few times...worked great every time (except those few times...
but the motherboard had gone bad so that doesn't count...)

Then again there is the issue...sometimes a fresh install...while a pain
to recofongiure EVERYTHING to all the nice little "tweaks" you had...
sometimes its nice to "clean out the shit"...just think of all the
packages you installed that you NEVER use....oe even NEVER EVER USED.
sometimes its nice to "clean house"

besides...with the upgrade of libc you need to "reboot to make sure all
programs are using the proper wtmp wrappers"...so your uptime is
screwed anyway...so you might as well re-install ;)

-Steve

> --
> This space for rent.

for rent? at what rate? I might be interested in filling it
(even if just for the sick and twisted pleasure involvind in actually
"renting" space on the bottom of someone else's e-mail)

-Steve

E-mail "Bumper Stickers":
"A FREE America or a Drug-Free America: You can't have both!"
"honk if you Love Linux"