X and keymaps weirdness

I have been working on a HOWTO fo rusing linux to turn old computers
into XTerminals. I know this has been done before so I read up on it
before I started. My doc is really comming along great...and for i386
systems...so far works grand! I have run into a snag tho...but it may
just be part of the X Config?

Anyway...I decided to do a quick test from my SUN IPC...I didn't go
through the whole diskless setup...I just logged on as root and
tyoped "X -query Shit-Box"
It came up to a nice xdm logon and let me log in... I logged in as sjc
and it was nice...nto too slow...
but when I try to type on the keyboard I get weird charicters.
I THINK it is related to keymap issues...Shit-Box is an i386
and Sparcy is a SUN IPC with a SUN type 4 keybaord.

Is there any special setups I have to do to be able to do this?
where do I setup the keyboard? I noticed xkeycaps (I ran it) still
wants to save it as .xmodmap.shit-box
any ideas?

-Steve

E-mail "Bumper Stickers":
"A FREE America or a Drug-Free America: You can't have both!"
"honk if you Love Linux"